First things first: ITS CHRISTMAS!!
Todays hit or miss is the delicious yet simple Chocolate Bark a go (I am in not way creative or good at following instructions) and as this is my first time blogging my way through a concoction I didn’t want anything to complex.
Here is what I used:
- 425g of Cadbury Dairy Milk
- Marshmallows (optional)
- M&M’s (optional)
- Grease proof paper
- Baking tray
- Pyrex dish – for melting the chocolate
- Sauce pan
1. The first thing you’re going to want to do is fill your saucepan about half way with water – the water shouldn’t be touching the pyrex dish you’re going to me placing on top.
2. Break up your chocolate into small chucks and place into you’re pyrex dish on top of your now boiling water (not like me who just threw in huge chucks opps).
3. Wait for all of your chocolate chunks to be melted which could take from 5 – 10 minutes and keep stirring. Once the chocolate has all melted turn off your heat.
4. With oven gloves lift your pyrex dish and pour your melted chocolate on into your baking tray which should be lined with grease proof paper smoothing out your chocolate out into a nice even layer.
You may need help scooping the last of your chocolate out of the bottom.
5. Now this is where the creativity starts, decorate your chocolate base with the marshmallows and M&M’s or any other sweets you prefer.
6. Once you have finished decorating place in your fridge until set – I left mine for about an hour.
7. Then all that is left is for you to break it up!
It’s something really fun and simple for anyone to do and I can really see kids loving to decorate their own chocolate slabs.
I feel like this is in between a hit and miss for me as I really was trying to get it to looking super Christmassy but I really did have a lot of fun eating all the left over sweets.
Until next time!